4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Search Script Wanted!!!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:21 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good PHP site search script that I can use on my Cyberwings account when it comes online, I normally use the one built into CPanel, but as I am not on CPanel, I can't do this.

Basically, it has to intergrate seamlessely into my site, like the Web Search script that I am running at :

http://www.hostrocket.info/jsn/search.php

I would use atomz, but we're a web design company and I kinda like to keep stuff on our own servers Smile

So Basically, I want something like atomz, but not remotley hosted, any ideas?

Thanks

Justin
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:56 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Could you use a Perl one?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 11:50 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No, because I don't like perl, and don't have a big knowledge of it
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 9:46 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If you can REALLY, REALLY take perl try www.xav.com (its easy 2 use and has an online installer)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:03 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm not using perl, it's not very reliable, it's slow, and my website is quite quick and I think if you are running a Web Services site, it would be better to have stuff on there that you know what you are doing with.
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:18 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Theres a few @ hotscripts.com

I've never used any of them though!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: