4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Please be gentle!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
bookman2003
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:59 am (17 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have just overhauled my site with, hopefully, some nice css and tricks and a new layout.

I would really appreciate contructive critisism, negative critisism for the layout would help any re-design. Don't critique the content please that's not really what I am after. ONE MANS MEAT IS ANOTHER MANS POISON and all that.

Thanks in advance

http://www.thatsinspiration.com

Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:26 pm (17 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

This isn't really a comment on the design, but why does the site's name contain a spelling mistake?

A couple of other comments:
- Animated GIFs are a big no-no. They were OK for a few months in 1999, but haven't been acceptable since Wink (Applies to homepage and gifts page)
- The forum theme seems to use grey as both a background colour for the whole page and a background colour for headings. It makes it a little hard to distinguish headings: they just fade into the background (while the main content stands out).
- Is there any particular reason for the white band above the logo?

Hope this helps - I'm being deliberately specific so that you know what to work on.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:45 pm (17 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks for the critique D.

Lol the white space at the top is for a future menu system, but you are the third person to comment on it, so it can go till then.

The spelling mistake is a goner!

I take onboard the forum title part, it's one of those things that you can't see till it is pointed out, then it's bleeding obvious, thanks.

I have some more work to do replacing the buttons with submit boxes, helps with the bandwidth and aslo very easy to change through CSS. You may have noticed the main site has switchable CSS but not the forum for that very reason.

The GIF's love 'em or loath 'em, if it was flash it might be a different story but till then I have to live with them.

Thanks again any further comments would be appreciated.

Any comments on the layout style?

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: