4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

htaccess problem, help needed desperately.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
pony9a
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:48 am (17 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi everyone,
I run a phpBB 2.0 forum site and I have implemented an htaccess file in my root/www folder to prevent leeching/hotlinking of the files my members upload to the forums. It is working well.
My problem now is:
All my members can view these files and in the case of video files watch them but, they cannot download the files to thier computers.
I would like to allow certain privelidged members to be able to download certain files whilst still preventing hotlinking and also preventing non privelidged members from also being able to download files, but all members must still be able to view the files.
Also I would like to be able to give each privelidged member a password that they log in with to be able to download the files. (htpasswd?).

Can this be done with htaccess?
I am sorry if I did not explain things very well. I am new to htaccess and what it can do. I have searched and searched for a method to achieve this but have had no luck at all.
Please help,
pony9a.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by pony9aSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: