4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

It's all Over - 359,000 Sites gone
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 9:35 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The moment you have all been waiting for, all free f2s.com sites have now been deleted.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 9:57 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

not anymore!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:01 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

erm nope, your avatar is gone.

You can still FTP to back up stuff with the following settings

Server : server0032.freedom2surf.net
Username : Same as usual
Password : Same as usual
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:50 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

All my 6 accounts have been deleted Crying or Very sad

Three years ago, I discovered f2s.com ..... Crying or Very sad Sad
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:44 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well the good news is I did get to keep the free webspace held under the same account as my paid webspace. I didn't quite believe it would happen until I saw it with my own eyes!

Darren Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Garth Farley
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:40 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Andrew wrote:

My avatar is hosted there... My avatar is still there!

But... I can't FTP to them Sad

Maybe it's your browsers cache that's compensating.

Garth Farley
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
Richard
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:32 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Garth Farley wrote:

Maybe it's your browsers cache that's compensating.

Garth Farley

Could be ? Smile I have just realsied mine has gone. Better change the address ! Smile

Justin wrote:

The moment you have all been waiting for, all free f2s.com sites have now been deleted.

What a shame !. All those sites (including mine) just disppeared. Sad Sad I think this really teaches me a big lesson .... have more than one host spare ! Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by RichardSend Personal Message
Richard
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:37 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
I have just realsied mine has gone. Better change the address !

That's it ... Just fixed it now ! Laughing Cool
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by RichardSend Personal Message
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:51 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I just wonder what sort of conversions f2s got to paid hosting from the free.. Question
Sad day all that hard work got in the flick of a switch.... I wonder who got the pleasure of doing the dirty deed... Crying or Very sad
At least one good thing will come out of this apart from all of us learning ther is no such thing as a free bosses lunch, that is all the search engines will be a lot faster soon as they get rid of all the dead wood from f2s.... Twisted Evil

Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:56 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Fair play to them, without F2S, I wouldnt have a clue what php etc was Smile

Anyway when the search engines have killed the dead f2s sites it should be fairly easy to find out aprox how many customers they have seeing as any remaining .f2s.com sites are linked to paid sites like http://www.lpoolfc.f2s.com is, even though I dont even host the site with F2s anymore. Wish I could get 6 months cash back but oh well Smile.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:24 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm a Open Directory Editor (www.dmoz.org) which supplies all the major search engines such as google, aol, altavista, lycos, exctie with all it's data, and Netscape have basically told us we have to try and find their new urls, and then if we can't delete them, although the search engines don't tend to update often, google's every few weeks, others don't update for months.
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 2:44 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: