4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

F2s adsl service
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:18 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is there anybody using their adsl service?
Since Bt has annonced the price cuts (from 1st April Laughing Wink )
F2s has cut its prices to
Quote:

Service New Price (excl. vat) Old price/discount
Home 500 (residential) £19.15/mo ~£10 off
Home 500 (business) £22.50/mo ~£10 off

Just wondering how good things are on their service as they seem to be one of the cheapest.

Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:27 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Check out the f2s forum at ADSLGuide.org.uk. very good reviews :

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.pl?Cat=&Board=f2s

Also may want to try their main site at :

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:30 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Cheers, thats where i got the info from Embarassed
Lucky for me i'm in a enabled area, so this price drop could just tip it for me. I was waiting for cable but that seems to have ground to a halt now, so adsl its going to be....

Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:42 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You get a free Webspace account chucked in too, 20mb webspace, 20mb email f2s.com subdomain and 5mb database, as I am signing up to their ISP in a few weeks, and for every Internet Connection (Dial-Up/Leased/ADSL) you get a free webspace account, thats how I plan to keep my subdomain without paying Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:21 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is the free hostimg the same as the old accounts that are gonna be deleted tomorow are?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:32 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yeah but it is on paid quality hosting :

Quote:

Over the next few weeks, we will improve the server speed and availability of our ADSL, Anytime, Leased Line, and all other f2s.com sites that remain, to come in line with our paid servers.
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:11 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

They dont have a news server though which is a major disadvantage. Sad

Personally if I were in the market for a new ISP I'd go for Pipex @ £23.44 inc. VAT http://www.dsl.pipex.net/adsl/sales/

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
happy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:04 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

News server to be installed very soon
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by happySend Personal Message
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 6:58 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hmm where does it say that?

Anyway it's taken blueyonder about a year to get their news server configured to handle the sheer volume of a full usenet feed.... http://news-hub.cableinet.net/27022002.html

Maybe they got rid of the free websites to get a news server.... Wink

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:06 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think Happy is an employee of F2S, as he seems to know a lot more than the rest of us
happy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:54 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

f2s had a news server in the past. For them to activate it is a piece of cake. Not sure they will offer the full service
I am not employed by f2s. I have inside info!
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:44 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Usenet is growing exponentially, what was adaquate just 6 months ago will probably be obsolete now.

Red and White Kop
happy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 11:14 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I agree with you 1000% Ben, but It all depends on how long you keep news on the servers and what groups you cater for.
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:52 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Retention doesnt really matter, what it comes down to is how fast the disk can write the data, SCSI would have been able to cope a year or two ago, now it has to be fibre channel...

Red and White Kop
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:56 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I already knew the fact they must have had a news server from the network staus, as they had a News Entry on there, and it says Not Responding at the moment, and from the ADSL forums @ ADSLGuide, There is big demand for a server.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next