4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Need to understand about database
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
loon
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:53 am (17 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I just get started with web hosting company job dealing in marketing site and i have no basic idea of database. Can anyone explain to me anything about database so i can increase my knowledge?

http://webhostforasp.wordpress.com
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by loonSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Ian_smith
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:35 am (15 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The real advantage of a database system is not its ability to store the data in an organized format. If we have huge amounts of data that we only need to store, then we can just dump it into huge text files. Actually, we might as well just leave all the data in huge paper files tucked into an old dusty archive room. After all, the data will just be sitting there. But let’s say, for some reason, I want to check how many projects have been completed by the XYZ department in the year 2005, with only 5 employees or less working on each project.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Ian_smithSend Personal Message
maximumhost-co-uk
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:37 pm (15 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's been a year... I think he may have looked elsewhere now!!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by maximumhost-co-ukSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: