4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Google Sitemap
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
roxxy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:51 pm (17 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi
Google has launched a great program Google Site Map that helps you to crawl your site successfully and very fast where you may describe how frequent your site content changed.
Google Site Maps Beta is a new service by Google designed for website owners which enables you to proactively and automatically crawl information about your website to Google. This sitemap can help provide Google with more information about your website than usually crawled by the Google.
You can create Google Sitemap within Minutes using out tool Google sitemap Creator. Simply Create Sitemap and submit it to Google both in .TXT or .XML format. XMl format is Best for creating sitemap.

Thanks
Matt John
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by roxxySend Personal Message
loon
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:04 am (17 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yes... i look at it already... but i cant find any tool that can help me create my sitemap. Can you show me how or where?

http://webhostforasp.wordpress.com
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by loonSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
jsteele
Invisible Member
Invisible Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:47 pm (17 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is this what you were talking about.... http://www.google.com/webmasters/
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jsteeleSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:02 am (17 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Never really been one in the last few years to outsource things like that, just think it makes a site look a little cheaper.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:40 pm (17 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Not sure I understand you, how would it make the site look cheaper?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:55 pm (12 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

As you may know guys, there are TWO types of sitemap..
The first type of sitemap is a HTML page listing the pages of your site - often by section - and is meant to help users find the information they need.

While this type of sitemap can help both visitors and search engines navigate your site, it's different from an XML Sitemap that can be submitted to Google using Webmaster Tools.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by HostDoneSend Personal Message
scott.corbin@zipsrevers
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:49 pm (12 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The sitemaps are a good tool tool for making sites built in Flash and other non-html languages searchable. I don't see how it makes it look "cheaper". Can you elaborate?

sales at zipsupport.com
http://www.zipservers.com
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by scott.corbin@zipsreversSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
lewisdsaxt143
Invisible Member
Invisible Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:15 am (12 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Glad to be here, my name is lewis dsaxt Recently from Iowa, originally from Des Moines and have lived there most of my life.

I cherish my family,I love to experience all 4 seasons , specially the spring and the life it brings.

Technology has been a part of my life for the last 7 years and most recently primarily on the Web.

I love the Internet.

Things as they are, more and more people are seeking help from people who have walked the walk and can teach others how to benefit from their experience. Just ask if you need to know something from me.

I am a manager in the field of Engineering project management.

Learning about new things is one of my passions.

when possible I volunteer for for valid causes that help the elderly.

Its great to be a part of this Website and Will learn something new here.

Invisible Member
Invisible Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:56 am (12 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Google Sitemaps is a program which some people use to assist Google in indexing their content. However, it is much better to submit websites and build good quality links to keep it in the index of Google.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:35 am (12 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Google site map is very good and it is useful for me. It is a wonderful thing launched by Google.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:00 pm (12 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You should upload the text file to your server, generally to the highest-level directory you want search engines to crawl. Once you've created this file, you can submit it as a Sitemap. This process, while manual, is the simplest and is probably best if you're not familiar with scripting or managing your web server.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Proaxxs-peterSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: