4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

TOUGH ONE ....
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
fgidigi
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:31 pm (18 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi there, Shocked

I got a question to build someone a blog. The person wants to type the text into word and upload this, with copy and paste, into a textframe on the website. This all with links, colours, boldtype.. the works.
This preformatted HTML text must then be submitted to the blogpage, so people can read what she wrote.
The person uses a modum, so she wants to prepare the pages offline and only use the online time to copy and paste so things can be done quickly.

My question,
Is it possible for html to be copied into a kind-of forum like textbox and then to be uploaded to the blog page??? without using php??
I have tried the frontpage - guestbook, but that only supports plain-text Sad

hope somebody can help me out...
thanx!

extra: I am an advanced user of html, know, iframe, flash and a bit of javascript coding, css, dhtml. Don't know much about php, asp or myseq. I use frontpage 2003.
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:38 pm (18 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I can't see any way that you can achieve what you want without using some kind of server-side scripting, unless maybe you can find (or create) some kind of application that she can run on her PC to handle it - though that would be much more complicated than just using PHP or something.

If you're looking for a good free CMS, I recommend Wordpress. You might also take a look at OpenSourceCMS.com.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:14 am (18 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi Adam,
Thank you for your quick reply! I have looked at your links, and I will keep those in my favorites as an alternative if my attempts seem to strand, okay? Cos I first wanna try if it will work using just frontpage, my server + a tiny bit of originality.

In the meantime I have made some progress in the second part of my task. I now have found a way, using webbot & forms, to call up a page [rich text] and insert that into the blog page. Works perfectly. Very Happy

So now I only have one task to go and that is the first one. The fact that I have to write a rich-text file to my server. [without using php]
I use frontpage2003 with server-extensions(!)

I need a sort of textbox, where she can edit her text online, cos copy and pasting rich text into a 'plaintextbox' is probably impossible... Question

So my question is a lot shorter and simpler now.. How can I write/submit an on line form [looking like this : blabla <b> my name </b> blabla etc...] to a file, using frontpage/ server extensions PLUS without being 'decoded' to plain text, .... cos thats what I get if I use the guestbook options in frontpage.

hope you still have some idea's ?

Thank you -
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: