4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Start up files in Windows XP
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
kepler
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:03 pm (19 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

Does anyone knows what files contain the start up commands in windows XP ( the old win.ini in windows 98 )?

Best regards,

Kepler
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by keplerSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:17 am (19 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There still is a win.ini file, but apparently it's not really being used anymore. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:43 am (19 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

The problem is that I have several programs that start in the beggining of the windows. They have the option not to start with windows - wich is checked. So my problem is to prevent those programs to start with - they are about 6 of them. Besides this, there are calls to dlls that don't exist - and I don't want to exist ( it's publicity ) - so the error message appears.

These programs and dlls are being called by some file. That's the problem.

Best regards,

Kepler
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by keplerSend Personal Message
thetribe
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:10 am (19 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

if you know the names of the files and .dll's go to "Start -> Run" and type 'msconfig' (without the quotes) this will open up the System Configuration Utility where you can check through and disable anything that you know doesn't need to start on boot-up.

Hope this helps Smile

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thetribeSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: