4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Too many connections (again)
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
thess
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 5:03 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i know you have talked about this problem before but... i waited more than a week and still can't access my database!!!!!. I asked if i should write a mysql_close() line in my scripts (i thought the error could be caused by that) but everyone told me this couldn't be the reason and that PHP close automatically the db connection when the script finishs. I can't even access my db with phpmyadmin... what can i do? If i can't access my db before 28, i will lose all data.thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thessSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:39 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sorry, there's nothing that can be done, except try again every day.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:46 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Not much you can do I'm afraid.

First it is usually good programming practise to close th mysql connection once you are finished with it, PHP may close it for you in the end, but it does save resources.

There are a few things you can try, but no guarantees.

1) Try using the persistant connection to the database. Which is mysql_pconnect(). Then I think everything else is the same. This keeps the successful connection open for all your pages to use.

2) Try putting the mysql_connect() function into a while loop, so that the rest of the script only executes once a successful connection occurs.

3) Learn a bit about PostgreSql, as F2S always (well, almost) had this service running smoothly.

I hope something happens for you, as when I left, the MySql database was in a shocking state.

Garth Farley
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 2:27 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Suggest you try getting into phpmyadmin at random times of the day...

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Gandalf
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 7:27 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Wow, lucky I got out in time. Even in late december they had those problems, and I spent days in front of the computer trying to download my 300K database. I can only assume the load only got worst, and so did the service.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: