4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Speed issues
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
tarasis
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:19 pm (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi, I know the forum is kinda dead but I thought I would ask here.

I've recently had a 1024k ADSL link with F2S activated, I used to be on a 512k link with BT. I am concerened by the download speeds I am getting, which is some cases are much worse with F2S than with the BT connection.

In the UK & Ireland pretty much all of the time the speed is about 100kbps but for America and so on I often am getting about 30kbps or maybe a little higher.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by tarasisSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:21 pm (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How long has this been the case for?

It may just be that F2S' connections to the US backbones are a little flakey, or that one of them has gone down... Question

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:04 pm (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

No problems with any bandwidth, pipes or capacity in any shape or form at the moment, any speed problems with ADSL that you are having are caused by something outside of the freedom2surf network.

I suggest you take a visit to http://www.broadbandreports.com/tweaks/ and follow any advice it gives you and restart your computer for the changes to take effect and see if that fixes things.

You may also want to see if it's due to exchange congestion and you can do so at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ as this is another common cause of speed problems.

Still find it strange your getting slowdowns in the US but not in the UK though, what are you using to meaure the download speed in the US, because it simply may be from where you are downloading from throttling connections.

The F2S peering arrangements are very good, and normally if their is a slowdown, or problem with a particular routes, the routers will quickely find another way to the destination through a different route. if it means a speed increase.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:43 pm (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

Any Updates?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: