4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

A couple questions
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Kdawg
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:11 am (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

First I want to make it so people log into my site, But not just any login. When they log in I want them to be loged in to the site and the forums, on the main page I want to be able to output their forum name and say their loged in if they are. Also I want them to be able to post comments when they log in. Thats my second question, how do I make it so they can post comments like you have at the bottom of your tutorials. I was going to try to use the cookie that the forums use to do some of this but I couldnt find it anywhere.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by KdawgSend Personal Message
OllieMaitland
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:20 am (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have just finished a site that is fully integrated into invision board 1.3 so if you want i can give you pointers there... ( http://gamingmp.com )

Generally forums will implement sessioning and then also have cookies for the user returning to the board. You can check for the cookie fairly easily although if you want session data (such as user level) you will need to include/re-write the session classes to integrate them into you site.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by OllieMaitlandSend Personal MessageSend email
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: