4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Header of website?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
thor
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:28 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hey

I`m currently working on a new design for a website me and my friend run I`m a little stuck on the header at the minute i cant think of a way to make the header image look better...i want it to be a little for busy but not to busy and whatever i try it just does not seem to look right...so anyway has anyone got any ideas of what I could do to is...

click on the thumbnail to see bigger screen shot

Thank you for any comments in advance
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thorSend Personal Message
phryxus
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:37 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ha, a blink 182 fan. That's how I like it. Very Happy

Maybe it sounds stupid but I think you should change the text in your header and place him in the center. This way you can fill space without making it to busy.

GRTZ,
Phryxus
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by phryxusSend Personal Message
thor
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:31 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

blink are awesome Very HappyVery Happy

My friend suggested somethign similar to that but then theres the problem of having a huge space but to the right of Tom (tom being the bigest person on the image who phrycux suggested of moving to the middle of the image) i have an idea in my head at the min which i`m about to try out hopefully it looks good
benn
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:23 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

maybe you could make all three guys the same size (in between what size tom is now and what size the others are now) and put them all on the right then leave the faec on the left and make the text in the middle bigger so it fills the middle?

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:43 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

the idea i had didnt work out very well lol...

to benn that idea probably wont work to well because if i do it the text will probably take up about half of the image and the text will look silly cuz it`l be too big
phryxus
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:16 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In my opinion Benn has a very good solution. So if a big text looks silly, you could always try another font that fits to the rest of the design.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by phryxusSend Personal Message
benn
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:43 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

phryxus wrote:
In my opinion Benn has a very good solution.

lol your the first person to ever say that Laughing

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:50 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Click on image for bigger screenshot

is this the sort of thing u ment benn? there still a white space and the text size looks alittle silly like i thought....i cant imagine it looking any better in a different font...

thanx for the ideas anyway Smile
benn
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:59 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i like the guys on the right better like that... could you not move the text so its centered in between the guys and the face, and center it height wize as well rather then have it in the middle at the top...?

just a thought

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:04 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i spose i could but i dont like the size of the text i think it looks silly lol
benn
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:06 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

lol ok, i have no further ideas... if you want to send me the .psd file i can mess around with it if you want and see if i can come up with anything?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:26 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

well heres something i kinda like it...
http://www.carousel182.com/images/newbannerforsite.jpg
the babylon 5 font hahaha Cool best.font.ever. lol

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:45 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I like that last one Smile

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:49 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i bet i sound like a right idiot ...but it looks good its just not the kinda look i was going for ,for the website its alittle to busy and kinda looks like most the other headers we`ve had on our website
benn
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:52 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thor wrote:
looks like most the other banners we`ve had on out website

but with babylon 5 font Very Happy

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: