4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Convert Excel spreadsheet to MySQL
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
laychoo135
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:38 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi all

Wish to know are there ways to convert Excel spreadsheet to MySQL? I have a long list of data in Excel format. It would be tedious to key in them in MySQL.

I know there are sofwares on the net that can do the conversion but they are chargeable.

What is PHPAdmin and how it is installed? Install on my pc (windows) or on the Apache server?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by laychoo135Send Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:41 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

phpMyAdmin can be installed anywhere you want, but it is usually installed by your host.

Simply export your Excel spreadsheet in CSV format. Then upload this file in phpMyAdmin Smile. Make sure you give the same column names in your table and your spreadsheet (I assume you have already created the table and columns in MySQL Question).

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:51 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How do I upload the CSV file using phpAdmin after I have exported the excel spreadsheet to CSV format and created the tables & columns in MySQL.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by laychoo135Send Personal Message
drathbun
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:08 pm (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

laychoo135 wrote:
How do I upload the CSV file using phpAdmin after I have exported the excel spreadsheet to CSV format and created the tables & columns in MySQL.

There is a "load data" option that will let you point to the file right on your workstation, upload it, and insert it into the database. Works very well, assuming you have defined everything correctly. Cool

Dave

jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:36 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

phpMyAdmin has this option in export/import

or use the sql query
load data .. infile ...

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: