4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Install crontab from a script?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
sgemma
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:40 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hello all,

I was wondering, is it possible to install crontab via a perl or php script? I'm trying to write an install script for a program... crontab does not seem to support very many command line options, any ideas?

Thanks in advance, I love this forum!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by sgemmaSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:49 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi there,

I'm not sure what you mean. If you want a script which provides a front-end to cron, here is 34SP's:

http://www.support.34sp.com/tutorials/crontab/crontab.shtml

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:57 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel,

Thanks for the reply! Well, that's a nice program but it's not quite what I'm trying to figure out. I should have elaborated further.

I need to figure out how to insert a crontab into the user who is running the file. Like when someone executes the install.pl or install.php file it will automatically install a crontab under their account based on the settings in the file (without any user input). I know it has to be a simple operation, i'm just not quite sure how to do it. Thanks for your time!!

Sincerely,

Scott M. Gemma
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:59 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well couldn't you take a look at the code used in the script I linked to, and incorporate it into your own script?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:02 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel,

Hah, you're right - thanks and forgive my oversight. Take care!
swainy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:29 pm (18 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hey....

that website link don't work anymore :[ can anyone hook me up with the software personally?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by swainySend Personal Message
Vitopa
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:36 am (8 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

we have 2 Oracle clustered servers and a oracle replicate server. Where should we install the web application server?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by VitopaSend Personal MessageSend emailAOL Instant MessengerYahoo MessengerICQ Number
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: