4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Alternative Themes: FIApple, FIsubSilver, phpVB2, subSilver
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Poll :: Which theme would you like (re)installed?

subSilver
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
FI SubSilver
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
FI Apple
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
phpVB2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
FI Plain
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
FI Subtext
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (please post)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:23 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just out of curiosity, I switched my board theme to FI Apple this morning. Predictably, many things did not work, and some of my profile fields even got erased when switching between themes. Therefore I am going to be removing all extra themes this weekend, and possibly reinstalling some of them, after updating them, and modifying them to work with our modified phpBB.

The question is, which ones to reinstall? Right now there are only 17 users not using the default theme, with 4 or 5 users using each alternative theme. Ideally I would only want 2/3 extra themes, my favourites being the Forum Images ones Very Happy.

Also I'd like to know why you are using alternative themes? Are there problems with the default one? Is it too cluttered, heavy, hard on the eyes?

Last edited by Daniel on Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DanielSend Personal Message
thetribe
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:56 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have to say I like the default theme for this board, makes it stand out more than any of the others would. To be honest if it was my forum I wouldn't give people the choice and would just give them the default Wink Very Happy

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thetribeSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
SfCommand
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:31 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

D'ya know, I didn't know there were other themes other than the default Smile

http://community.34sp.com
http://www.miguel.me.uk | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk | http://www.ssdg.org.uk
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by SfCommandSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:31 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well, I've now upgraded FI Apple to the latest version, and modified a few things to get it to work properly with our mods (most of them will be ignored, but at least they won't cause errors Very Happy).

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:18 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think that most boards with any level of customization run only one theme. It's difficult enough to manage mods and upgrades with one theme, why add more work for yourself? If you've put any effort into a custom theme (which you have here) then I think that's good enough.

The fact that most users are using the default theme should tell you something. Wink

Dave

jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:29 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

We have such a nice default theme, so cool so different, why have others Question

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:37 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I agree, you might as well just stick with the default

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:06 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The phpVB2 theme has been removed. All users who were using it (5 IIRC) were moved over to the default theme.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: