4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Graphics advice
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
thetribe
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:36 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm looking for some advice about graphics and dark backgrounds. I currently have some soccer folder icons on my test site but they are for a light background so don't look right (icons - http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=18 )

I have stuck a test page with the icons where I could see them all and as you can see they don't look great http://thetribe.mine.nu:86/soccertest.php

I have been in touch with the guy who created them and he doesn't have any that will go with my background colour and doesn't plan on creating any more, but he has given me permission to edit them, this is where the problem lies Very Happy

I have absolutely no idea what to do, could someone give me some pointers, in laymans terms, of how I would go about this (I use Paint Shop Pro) Also some are animated, these frighten me even more Laughing

Thanks for any advice offered.

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thetribeSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:09 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi there,

You caught me with half an hour to spare so I got a bit carried away. Here are some versions of the images with your red as a background:

[images removed]

[link to zip removed]

Here's the process I used in case you want to have a go yourself - although I did it in Photoshop I imagine the basic process is the same.

1) convert image to RGB
2) create a new layer, coloured red, beneath the football layer
3) draw a circular selection the size of the footbal
4) inverse the selection
5) delete the white bits
6) deselect and tidy up any remaining stray light pixels using a small eraser
7) save as gif, I did them transparent but they are pretty much only suitable for a red background.

The animated gifs were done in ImageReady - as it can open animations. The process however is the same apart from you have to remove the white on each affected frame.

Hope that all makes sense.
Darren

Last edited by Darren on Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
thetribe
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:25 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

WOW! That's much appreciated, I'll stick them up later.

The instructions don't make sense yet but I'll follow them later on for a test and see if they make more sense then Wink

Thanks very much for your time it's very much appreciated. Smile

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thetribeSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:48 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No problem Very Happy
give me a shout if I can explain them better.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
thetribe
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:57 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Stuck the images up but not had time to play with your instructions yet, graphics look excellent and much better than I could ever have done, thanks Very Happy

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: