4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

F2S clowns
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 1:52 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How the hell do you cancel f2s hosting?

They have billed me for another year of hosting, - despite the fact I havent used em for the past 6 months cos they charge rip of prices -, I moved host and assumed when the year was up that would be it, but just logged into the members area and see an invoice... It says unpaid, and thats how its bloody well staying.

But how do I tell them where to go?

How funny, they have also charged me for the domain name again, despite the fact its not even registered with them.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 1:58 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just emailed this to support. hopefully it will do the trick... Rolling Eyes

Quote:

re account lpoolfc

I wish to cancel this account.

I have not used it for over 6 months as your price for addition web/database
space is excessive to say the least. I assumed that I could just forget
about the account as there was no option to cancel it, and your docs on your
site are very limited.

Now I see an invoice in the members area for renewal costs.

Please update as necessary.

Regards

Ben Scott

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 3:26 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well consider yourself lucky that they didn't have your credit card details.

I cancelled my F2S account a couple of months ago. Then on my July Credit card bill I see they have actually charged me for another years hosting. I phoned them and they said it must be because I didn't confirm with them that I had transferred to my new host, although I'd obviously made it clear enough for them to delete the account. Anyway they said it would be sorted out.

So my August bill arrived with no sign of any refund. I called them again and they said "oh yes, a credit is going through" How the hell long does it take!! Twisted Evil

Useless company - especially as now I'm not the only one this has happend to!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 3:57 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Very few companies cooperate when you want to leave Wink

Ex Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:22 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've heard of other web hosting / ISPs pulling the same thing. When I cancel providers, I right away call the Visa phone number and tell them to stop payment.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:10 am (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

My experience is that you have to sound a bit more serious than normal, otherwise, they'll figure they can wiggle around you. Shocked

I had a somewhat similar experience w/ WorldCom's long distance service several years back, and I never got any decent support by calling their customer service about the problems. They just lied to me over and over again, and played dirty tricks, like giving me a Credit dept. clerk when I asked to speak to a supervisor (and claiming she was a supervisor). Sad

When I sent them a typed letter, they reversed many of the bogus charges on my account; however, they still used the excuse that I'd never formally informed them that I was switching providers, and so it was their right to switch me back to them without telling me ( Rolling Eyes ).

Anyway, the letter seemed to help a lot more than my phone calls did -- that's something to consider if you haven't already. Smile

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:40 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

not sure which card I used and if its still valid anymore, should I be charged I'll just do a chargeback.

They havent replied to me yet anyway, and they were a month early in renewing it anyway as it had only run 11 months...

Red and White Kop
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:45 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In true amazingly quick F2S style they have responded in a timly maner.
their reply
Quote:

Hi,

To cancel your account please fax us on 01727 867 301 with your full
postal details and contact details.

Also include the service you wish to cancel.

Kind regards,

Nick

my reply
Quote:

Thank you for your extremely fast response.

As this is the 21st century and the majority of normal households don't own a fax machine(this one included) I cannot send you a fax. I have asked you not to bill me for this via email, to which you have responded to on behalf of freedom2surf quoting all of my original email to your company.

This, in my mind is legally acceptable. I have NOT authorised you to charge my credit card for any ammount. If you do so then you are clearly in breach of UK law, in addition my credit card company have been informed of your shoddy business practices.

Once again I ask you to remove account lpoolfc from your systems and not bill me for another year of unwanted hosting which was not asked for.

Regards,

----- Original Message -----
To: "Ben Scott" <ben@redandwhitekop.net>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 2:07 PM
Subject: [#81847] Re: Re account lpoolfc

> Hi,
>
> To cancel your account please fax us on 01727 867 301 with your full
> postal details and contact details.
>
> Also include the service you wish to cancel.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Nick

Red and White Kop
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:58 pm (21 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Personally, I think companies that refuse to accept and print out an e-mail for their records are just, as a former supervisor told me, 'jerking you around.'

But it's possible they've stuck something like that in their TOS (terms of service) somewhere. Practically, you may have to just rip off a quick postal mail to finish it.

My advice is to keep it as simple as possible, serious, non-emotional, professional-sounding, and pay attention to spelling and grammar (not to pick nits, but that often gets you more professional service).

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:33 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, making spelling/grammar mistakes often makes you look young, immature, or unserious (not sure you can say that Question). Writing out a well formed, spelled and written letter will often get you further (make it sound professional too).

I've noticed that when I reply to emails complaining about how long it's taken them to reply (usually not in a polite tone), I don't get a reply. I wonder why that is? Wink

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 7:13 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I asked them about this on behalf of a user at freedom2support, and got this reply :

Quote:
Dear Justin,

I'm afraid there isn't an interim price level.
We aren't either planning to make our database prices any cheaper.
They take more processing power than webspaces which is why there is a
disparity
between the prices.
Sorry!

best regards,
Rachel.

freedom2surf
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 7:22 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well in a way the high prices for db space compensate for the unlimited bandwidth...

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:27 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

there's no such thing as unlimited BW,

actually im interested in finding out the limit, I have an account thats due to expire soon, may post on WHT asking if anyone wants to download a 20mb files a few times to see when they cut me off....

Red and White Kop
happy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:46 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You are now able to cancel any service from f2s via the members area

hope it helps

happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by happySend Personal Message
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:57 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

****** **** Surprised

They did cancel my account for me in the end, they never replied to my email though.

Red and White Kop
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next