4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

How to Call cURL from cron on Another Host?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:16 am (21 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have got cron support on one of my hosts, but no cURL. Then on the other host I've got cURL, but no immediate access to cron. Is there an easy way to use some script or utility on the cron-enabled host (probably in a crontab file, right?) on the one host to automatically call cURL on the other at specified times?

Have got PHP and Perl access on both hosts, although I don't think the cron-enabled host allows for CGI Perl access.

Am able to figure how to do the crontab file, but am stuck on how to call cURL on other host.

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: