4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

About suspended website in F2S...
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
sam613
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:36 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm a current F2s user.
For some reason, my website was suspended.

I just wonder what should I do right now to make my website back online.

If anyone knows some, please help.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by sam613Send Personal MessageICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:44 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In what way was it suspended? Was the www.sitename.f2s.com folder renamed to www.sitename.f2s.com.suspended?

Also, try looking for a reason.txt file in FTP. This usually tells you why.

Are you running any scripts on your website?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:02 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have your broken any of the terms and conditions at :
http://www.freedom2support.net/webspace/tos.php ?

I hate to tell you this though, but if it's suspended now, you're not going to get it re-enabled until the new year I'm afraid, as they don't work weekends.

You MIGHT get an answer Monday if you're lucky, but I won't guarantee it.

Best thing to do in this situation is call them on the numbers listed at :
http://www.freedom2support.net/f2s/contact.php

Or email them. But phone is more likely to get you a response.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:33 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

lol,

do they still suspend sites like they did in the free days without emailing the customer?

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:45 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ben wrote:
lol,

do they still suspend sites like they did in the free days without emailing the customer?

I think so, but the members area is about 100x better now, and I think they may put a message in there
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
sam613
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:30 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Indeed, my webpage folder is renamed to "folder.suspended", and I know the reason.(It's about the script I've run)
I just want to know how to make my site back online... Crying or Very sad

My site is suspended on Dec.16. Actually I was online at that time, and found that my site is suddenly unaccessable. I tried to contect f2s via E-mail immediately, but get no response since that.
Of course I didn't receive any mail that tell me my site is suspended, and no messages in my members area either.

I think it's no possible I can contact f2s staff by phone, since I live in a diffrent time zone(an asia country), and I can't speak english well anyway.
What I can do right now is waiting for their response mail? or there's a better way?

---
BTW,I try to look all over f2s site after that, and I can't find f2s TOS that Justin post.
I don't even know there's a site www.freedom2support.net.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by sam613Send Personal MessageICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:59 am (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Freedom2Surf have many domain names:

f2s.com
f2s.net
freedom2surf.co.uk
freedom2surf.com
freedom2surf.net

(may have made some mistakes though Wink)

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:16 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

sam613 wrote:

BTW,I try to look all over f2s site after that, and I can't find f2s TOS that Justin post.
I don't even know there's a site www.freedom2support.net.

And there was me thinking I had finally fixed those DNS Issues :sigh:

Here is the terms and conditions :

Quote:
F2S.com Hosting Terms and Conditions :

a) Freedom To Surf will endeavour to provide a prompt and continuing service, but will not be liable for any loss of data, costs, loss of profits or consequential losses arising from your use of, or inability to access Freedom To Surf.

b) Freedom To Surf services are provided without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated.

c) Freedom To Surf reserves the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate your access to Freedom To Surf services for any reason.

d) You agree that you will only use Freedom To Surf in a manner that is consistent with these user conditions and in such a way as to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You will not use Freedom To Surf to transmit or post any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or which may, in our judgement, cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to any person.

e) You agree not to use the Freedom To Surf services such that you cause whole of part of Freedom To Surf to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or in any way impaired.

f) You agree not to use the Freedom To Surf services to host adult rated content.

g) You agree not to use the Freedom To Surf services to host file repositories, eg the hosting of the following filetypes are not permitted: .mp3 .exe .zip .ra.

h) You agree not to use the Freedom To Surf webhosting services to run server based processes. The cpu resource limit is set to: 1.26 million Intel PIII Mhz per website.

Yourdomain.com Hosting Terms and Conditions :

The Terms and conditions for the yourdomain.com are the same as for the f2s.com terms and conditions, apart from option g), which does not apply
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:46 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:

a) Freedom To Surf will endeavour to provide a prompt

They have never been prompt when dealing with me

Quote:

c) Freedom To Surf reserves the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate your access to Freedom To Surf services for any reason.

Maybe they suspended you because they had an itchy back.

Quote:

e) You agree not to use the Freedom To Surf services such that you cause whole of part of Freedom To Surf to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or in any way impaired.

Whats a whole of part of?

Quote:

h) You agree not to use the Freedom To Surf webhosting services to run server based processes. The cpu resource limit is set to: 1.26 million Intel PIII Mhz per website.

One for the campaign for real english. Can someone translate that for me?

Sorry, I was bored

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: