4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Restore of phpBB2 database
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:18 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've done a search and I've spent the last few hours reading and reading but I've lost the few hairs I HAD left. Please have a little patience with me and maybe I'll get thru this with your help.

I've recently had to change hosts but I made a backup of my database. I can view it's contents using editor so I know it's there. The version I had was V2.1

On my old host the name of the database was digfoto the d'loaded backup is digfoto.sql

At my NEW host I tried to install phpBB but had problems so, my host installed it for me (I didn't have problems before). Unfotunately, the database which my host created is names phpbb. The forum works. We have 2 users created both Admin.

If I go to SQL account Maintenance from the Cpanel I see the following:
Quote:
jcarte_phpbb

Connection Strings
Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:jcarte_phpbb:localhost","jcarte_phpbb","<PASSWORD HERE>");
PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "jcarte_phpbb", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database.');
mysql_select_db ("jcarte_phpbb");
JDBC (may not be avalible) <%@ page import="java.sql.*" %>
Connection connection = null;
Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();
connection = DriverManager.getConnection(
"jdbc:mysql://localhost/jcarte_phpbb?user=jcarte_phpbb&password=<PASSWORD HERE>");

If i go into phpMyAdmin I can see the database with it's 28 tables.

Finally, if I try to restore from BB2 Administration I get
Quote:
Error importing backup file

What am I doing wrong. I've tried everything within my non-technical capabilities.

Thanks for any assistance.

One other thing - my current host adds a
Quote:
jcarte\_
in front of the database name. My previous host didn't.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:02 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I just found out about the debug mode, ran it and got:

Quote:
SQL Error : 1050 Table 'phpbb_auth_access' already exists

CREATE TABLE phpbb_auth_access ( group_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', forum_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', auth_view tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_read tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_post tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_reply tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_edit tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_delete tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_sticky tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_announce tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_vote tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_pollcreate tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_attachments tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', auth_mod tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', KEY group_id (group_id), KEY forum_id (forum_id) ) TYPE=MyISAM

Like I said before I know the db is already there - so the question becomes:

How do I replace the contents of those tables?

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:52 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

When I moved one of my forums I just used phpmyadmin.

Open up your backup up in a text editor then just copy the INSERT statements into the 'Run SQL query/queries on database xxxxx' box, and hit 'go'. I tend to do it table by table, as its easier to keep track of where you are. Also depending on the size of your forum you may have to do the search_wordlist and search_wordmatch in several sections as the box has a size limit.

A couple of other things to look out for are:

As your admin user was created on install, don't add that from your back up - you probably wont be able to as it will no doubt have the same ID.

Also you will have to delete the test category/topic that is created on install

You shouldn't need to Run any of the INSERT asscociated with the config table either

I hope that helps, although I'm sure its not a definitive answer.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:58 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks Darren.

I'm fortunate that my new host support staff were able to restore my original db. It's not big but had important threads there.

I've seen your method elsewhere and that's too complicated für this dummy. I'm just don't have the brain to be a coder - and close to half-century mark.

Thanks again man.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: