4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

[Fixed] Dead Link at the top of Most 4WebHelp Pages
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:26 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I suggest fixing so will actually go to a real page for now, or removing the link.

Quote:
Proudly Sponsored & Hosted by Cyberwing Communications

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:52 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What do you think it should link to? archive.org's copy of cyberwings.com?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:22 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
What do you think it should link to? archive.org's copy of cyberwings.com?

That would be about right, basically saying Cyberwings is dead (it's as good as), just like F2S Free, apart from the fact that F2S had a sensible business plan, whereas cyberwings did not. I'm seriously considering registering cyberwingsucks.com though.......
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:29 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
What do you think it should link to?
I think a better link would be http://www.hostsearch.com -- that way you're at least steering your visitors to a potentially useful service. Maybe you could even get some sponsorship from them, Daniel.

Maybe don't need to say this, but linking to most anything will generally look better than the dead link. Besides looking unpro and incompetent, dead links in prominent places, esp. for sponsors, call into question credibility of both sites and their organizations.

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:49 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I can't link "Cyberwing Communications" to HostSearch Laughing

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:14 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
I can't link "Cyberwing Communications" to HostS
ha, ha, D, you're a riot Laughing

token
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:55 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

how about a temporary page explaining the situation at CW?
Then you can keep the link text, unless you are NOT proud to be hosted by CW Laughing
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by tokenSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:56 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Or maybe we should link to cwstatus?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:06 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Good idea, but I suggest it go to your own explanation first, then with a link to cwstatus.

Ken
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by tokenSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:07 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Shawn is sending out an info email right now, so I'll wait till I get that first...

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:46 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ken wrote:
"Good idea, but I suggest it go to your own explanation first, then with a link to cwstatus."
I'd agree w/ Ken

verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:28 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Made a post I think's relevant to this one at:
relevant post

verto wrote:
...Essentially it'd just need to say something like: "We're still in business, and we're working hard to fix things." Wink Cool

For a temporary page to fill in the CW link, I'd suggest something like:
"CW's still in business, and is working hard to fix their problems. Check this link for more info."

Here's another example of a good (albeit more elaborate) post-disaster temporary page:
Arrow w-h home page

Also, btw, 'We're Here' is the actual name of the site Wink Smile

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: