4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

db server 2 still down ...
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
php4ever
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:53 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I understand that f2s indicated that by Monday at the latest server 2 would be functional again. I just now checked and it is still down as is db server 47. The impression I'm getting is that f2s slashed ADSL prices back in Feb which may have been too good a thing b/c that apparently created some capacity problems with the extra load of new members. I think that at this pt. f2s members who've been unable to access the database for the past two weeks (+/-) should receive some kind of discount for the inconvenience we have experienced. It's only fair.

And, incidentally it would be nice if f2s had a link to freedom2support on their website.

Regards,
php4ever
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by php4everSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:05 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

php4ever wrote:
I understand that f2s indicated that by Monday at the latest server 2 would be functional again. I just now checked and it is still down as is db server 47. The impression I'm getting is that f2s slashed ADSL prices back in Feb which may have been too good a thing b/c that apparently created some capacity problems with the extra load of new members. I think that at this pt. f2s members who've been unable to access the database for the past two weeks (+/-) should receive some kind of discount for the inconvenience we have experienced. It's only fair.

And, incidentally it would be nice if f2s had a link to freedom2support on their website.

Regards,
php4ever

Hey,

Hmmm, I know it's still down, I'll give them till close of business tommorow, and if the situation hasn't improved I will get on their case again, and see what is going on, I have the power! (Well I like to think I do anyway!)

The Capacity problems started around March 2002, and they are not related to the webspace problems and would not have interfered in any way, although from what adam was saying, they haven't had much time to spend on other things apart from ADSL, as they are a very small outfit with a lot of customers for such a company, I guess they must be pretty rich though!

Doubt they will pay compensation though to be honest Sad, as for the link, if they don't want to provide one it's up to them, but they are supporting F2Support in other ways though...... Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
andreavb
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:32 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

Does someone have other news about server0002 status @ F2S??
I have an F2s account but my database is not working at all and this started about there weeks ago!! Adam told me that all my data is safe...but there are still problems with the server...

Best Regards,
Andrea

PS. Really great site!! Exclamation
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by andreavbSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:27 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

andreavb wrote:
Hi,

Does someone have other news about server0002 status @ F2S??
I have an F2s account but my database is not working at all and this started about there weeks ago!! Adam told me that all my data is safe...but there are still problems with the server...

Best Regards,
Andrea

PS. Really great site!! Exclamation

When did you hear this from Adam? Last I heard was on Friday when he told me it all should be fixed up for Monday, but evidentley it has not been done as of yet......

For those of you who want to check the server's status, I've set up a page that pings the server and then prints the output :

http://www.freedom2support.co.uk/tools/ping/server0002.php

It may take a long time to load, but thats as it pings quite a few times.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
andreavb
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:12 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I heard from Adam last week on monday...I hope they will fix the problem soon since my php discussion forum in currently down, Freedom2Support is a great site...I have added it to my favorites!

Bye Bye,
Andrea

http://www.andreavb.com

Last edited by andreavb on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by andreavbSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:31 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
http://www.freedom2support.co.uk/tools/ping/server0002.php said
PING server0002.freedom2surf.net (194.106.33.37) from 205.252.89.145 : 56(84) bytes of data.
From i-194-106-32-20.freedom2surf.net (194.106.32.20): Destination Host Unreachable
From i-194-106-32-20.freedom2surf.net (194.106.32.20): Destination Host Unreachable

--- server0002.freedom2surf.net ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, +4 errors, 100% packet loss

F2S - You are pathetic
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: