4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Setting Offsets with Date()
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:05 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Right, I want to show the current date on my website, along with the time, but the thing is my server is set to be 9 hours ahead of me, take a look at http://www.bluesweb.co.uk/ , if I used the function :

Code:

<?

echo date ("l dS of F Y h:i:s A");

?>

It would give me a time 9 hours ahead of what I wanted, I just wondered how I could set an offset, so it would give me the correct time rather than the one set by default on the server.

What parameters would I need to use in my PHP code?

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:00 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

use

date("l dS of F Y h:i:s A", time()-9*3600);

time() will return the current timestamp and

-9*3600 will decrease seconds in 9 hours

simple, wasn't it? eh Smile

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:22 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

...you can also use Gmdate()
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:55 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
...you can also use Gmdate()

ended up using Jayants way as I got some weird results with Gmdate
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:17 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Seems to be working fine for me

What kind of 'weird results' did you get? just in case its something I haven't noticed.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:20 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
Seems to be working fine for me

What kind of 'weird results' did you get? just in case its something I haven't noticed.

On a certain Cyberwings Server, it was displaying the day after on the date when I used that, fine on my eCommerceDiscovery Server though.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: