4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

problems viewing web page pictures!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Thug_Life2k2
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 8:53 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I am having trouble viewing web pictures coz they come out scrambled with black n white dots n stuff on em but this is only with .jpeg web images not .gif ones? also when i save a jpeg web pic then open it in photo suite,etc. it comes out fine! PLEASE HELP! Confused Mad

Edited: excessive ! and ? marks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Thug_Life2k2Send Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 8:59 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Please explain yourself properly, and register a username in our forums. Are these graphics to be used on your website? Also, which graphics program are you using?

Lastly, please refrain from using excessive exclamation/question marks in your posts.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 9:22 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

when i go to a website lets say nba.com the pic of chris webber on the home page,i can see the pic but it has black & white dots all over it but not completely covering it just in patches.But this is only for jpeg images not gif cos they come ou alright.how do u mean by graphics software?do u mean after i right click and save a pic then open with or to view pictures on the net?no they are not for my site just for viewing plaesure!can u help Confused
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 10:04 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Do the dots appear even before you save the image? Also, could you post a screenshot?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 10:21 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes the dots appear before I save also when I copy and paste it!
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 10:24 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Your problem is nothing to do with web development, it sounds like a Windows problem.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 10:25 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thug_Life2k2
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 10:27 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

how do i fix it though it is so annoying seeing ******* up pictures all the time!
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 11:04 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I see it fine. As I said, it's obviously a problem with your PC, which I'm afraid we probably can't help with.

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 12:03 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I found this article:

AMD-K6®-2, Athlon, or Duron JPEG Display Problem

Sounds like your problem; images not displaying properly in IE but fine in other apps (including netscape or IE3).
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 1:01 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I always wondered why my S3 Trio used to do this with , but this was only when my old p233 was upgraded to a K6-2 350 it started happening, oddly it didn't happen with my 32mb nVidia TNT2 in.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
MaWew
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:21 am (9 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The page looks great I havent seen one of these chain letter thingies before though, maybe they used to be more common?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by MaWewSend Personal MessageSend emailICQ Number
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: