4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

include but from a different domain?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 7:48 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have two domains, but they are on the same server. I was wondering if it's possible to include a file from one of the domains on the other... Doubt its possible as I'm getting... http://www.redandwhitekop.net/test.php

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 7:51 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Try this:

Code:
include("http://www.siteurl.com/file.php");

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 8:00 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ta, ill have a fiddle later....

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
xeosdd
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 4:59 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

This isn't possible in PHP. Sure, it would be cool to have, but think of what you could do if you did have this. I could write a script which gets the database user name and password from any PHP-based forum software, delete the admins, make my own accounts, remove all the tables, replace words in posts, and cause all kinds of mayhem. I could get the source code to somebody else's scripts. I could do pleanty of other very mean things. Include only lets you include from the local filesystem...

Unfortunately, I can't offer a good solution. If they're on the same server, you could set up a symbolic link/shortcut from one account to another through the filesystem (ln -s under unix). Otherwise, you may be forced to mirror the file/s on both servers, either manually or through some sort of script (or otherwise).

arin

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:13 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What needs to be cleared up is if you want:

- the output
- or the source

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 4:14 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ta, thought that might have been the case...

Red and White Kop
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: