4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

F2S Anytime
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:15 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Anyone tried it, if so give me some feedback, I've heard a lot of good things about it in general, and the fact that you get the free webspace may just swing it for me.

If you have any experience with it please post Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:12 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:

'Freedom2surf Anytime' is available for just £11.99 per month including subscription and Internet telephone call charges. We offer up to 20 hours per week unmetered access to the Internet, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, available via your standard BT modem or ISDN line.

Get up to 20 email addresses and 20MB of web space so that you can host your own site, 5MB of database space is also offered at no extra cost. 'Freedom2surf Anytime' has an automatic anti-abuse cut off after two hours of continuous use and ten minutes of inactivity. You will then be able to reconnect after five minutes.

I was going to sign up at the Start of May, Now I see that you only get 20 hours a week for 11.99, what the hell are they playing at, customers will leave in droves.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:26 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What was it before?

Anyhow, it's cheaper than that for 20 hrs even in France!

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:29 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
It's not really anytime anymore if it's only 20 hours. It's cheaper than that for 20 hrs even in France!

I know, I can't see why they have done this, unless they are launching another proper anytime package at about 14.99, which I would pay for due to the webspace, but it's a massive price hike (well not price hike, but you are getting a lot less!) compared with what it used to be.

I Guess I'll have to go back to FreeServe and the no access after 11PM Engaged Tone & Dogey mail server problems
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:33 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Used to be totally unlimited!!!
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:39 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Andrew wrote:
You can get broardband with NTL for as little as $14.99/month Unlimited

Yes, and I would have F2S Broadband if I could have it, but our exchange is not ADSL enabled, and never will be! Evil or Very Mad
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:41 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Check out the "unlimited" package. It's 19.99.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:44 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thats the Dedicated Line one : Freedom Unlimited is available for just £65.00 (+ VAT) per month, plus an additional charge of £19.99 per month to BT.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:46 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Oh. Didn't see that.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 5:45 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I just sent them this, I think it's a fair enquiry :

Quote:

Hi,

I was this week thinking about the possiblity of signing up for your anytime package, although I have noticed that on your new website it states that it only included 20 hours per week access, which would not suit my needs, I don't remember seeing this before on the old website, and I was wondering if you had any other plans to bring out packages that are truly unlimited anytime packages (as it was before) , or that include more access time, as your unlimited package price is far too high for me.

If you could assist me with this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Justin
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: