4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

fopen in php
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
fredmatrack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 4:12 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I used the following in my phpscript:

Code:
$fp = fopen ("http://postxxxxx:????@piustien.dyndns.org:8011/Settings/USERS/geert.html", "r") or die ("No connection");

This doesn't work on my webspace from f2s. On another server it works. Why???
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by fredmatrackSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
fredmatrack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:19 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

But on my other server this works. Only on the f2s server it doesn't.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by fredmatrackSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:31 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's because of F2S' firewall: you can only open files on the F2S network and certain "allowed" servers. Try asking F2S to add the server you want to the list. Question

Andrew: I don't think that's true.

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:42 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Its definitely an f2s thing.

My f2s account fails to open a remote file on cyberwings, but it works vice versa.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
fredmatrack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:44 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks,
i will contact the f2s staff.
php4ever
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 12:28 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, you may use fopen with a non-local url at f2s. I know b/c I have that going at the former freespace I had at f2s and just now I tried it on my paid f2s space and it worked there, too. Very Happy

Just a couple of pts. about fopen:

1. you must use it to only read a non-local url
2. be very, very careful how you code in case fopen should fail or you may get a wierd error.
3. I've seen fopen perform very badly on a busy US govt server. fsockopen is prob. a better way to go b/c it gives you more control.

I suggest that you may wish to read the notes section at:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.fopen.php -

Here's the way I'ved coded and it worked:

$fd2 = @fopen($urle, "r");
if (!$fd2) return 0;

And, here are the 2 working urls at f2s:

http://www.preservestaffnow.org/exp/myfeed.php
http://www.preservestaffnow.f2s.com/myfeed.php

Perhaps f2s may have changed s.thing recently b/c I checked just now with the phpinfo() and saw that the fopen info at both of my sites at f2s are identical, namely all "1"s.

-- php4ever
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by php4everSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: