4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

WordPress database error
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
opaz
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:57 pm (15 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm completely lost here! And my site (hebdeneye.org) is losing visitors fast....

I can ftp files to the site no problem, I can edit the front page no problem, but anything that involves interacting with the database (php/mysql) results in this error message:

"WordPress database error: [INSERT command denied to user 'opaz'@'linweb13.atlas.pipex.net' for table 'wp_comments'] INSERT INTO wp_comments (comment_post_ID, comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url, comment_author_IP, comment_date, comment_date_gmt, comment_content, comment_approved, comment_agent, comment_type, user_id) VALUES ('1317', 'opaz', 'hebdeneye@yahoo.co.uk', 'http://', '94.192.124.188', '2008-10-02 20:56:29', '2008-10-02 20:56:29', 'dd', 'spam', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)', '', '1')

Structural failure: no comment ID sent to comment hook Aborting Spam Karma"

Same thing when I try altering values in the database directly via the server's database tool. I get this:

"Error SQL query:

UPDATE `opaz`.`wp_options` SET `option_can_override` = 'N' WHERE `wp_options`.`option_id` =7 AND `wp_options`.`blog_id` =0 AND CONVERT( `wp_options`.`option_name` USING utf8 ) = 'new_users_can_blog' LIMIT 1

MySQL said:

#1142 - UPDATE command denied to user 'opaz'@'linweb13.atlas.pipex.net' for table 'wp_options' "

I've been on the WordPress help forums, but so far - nada. Frankly I'm a bit stuck. Any suggestions gratefully received

opaz
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by opazSend Personal Message
HostCadet
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:58 am (14 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

To me it seems like maybe its a permissions issue. Make sure the user account for that db has full access to the database.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:36 am (10 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You should enable the update option for database user opaz. You can do this via your website Cpanel.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: