4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Good wiki software
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
ebnx
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:58 am (17 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi everyone:

I am interested in setting up a wiki to complement my discussion forum (http://www.beatthegmat.com). I would use the wiki as a way for my users to share links to online resources for GMAT preparation.

Any recommendations for good wiki software? I would want it to be: (1) free and (2) very easy to setup (don't know much programming)

Thanks for your help!

Eric
Beat The GMAT! | http://www.beatthegmat.com
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ebnxSend Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:35 pm (17 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Probably the most popular choice would be MediaWiki -- originally developed for Wikipedia and now in use on lots of different sites.

Another option would be Twiki - I've set that up before and found it quite easy to use. I haven't used it in a number of years though, so I'm not sure how it might have changed.

You might want to check out the Wiki section of the menu on OpenSourceCMS.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:30 am (11 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No doubt Media wiki is a most popular... I think this software now use in different sites...
There are many websites to provide free downloading facility.I think Google is a best place for searching free software...

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:16 am (10 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Mediawiki should doe the trick.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: