4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Cannot upload files to web site that I paid for
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
cehlen
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:37 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I lost access to my web site over two weeks ago. I am using FrontPage 2000 on a paid web site that was supposed to have FrontPage extensions. Everything worked fine until two weeks ago when it went nuts.
I first got a message saying "we80.cnf" when I tried uploading. Then they did something with the site and now I am getting a message that the FrontPage extensions are not installed for this web site.
I tried turning them off and on but this didn't help. I also have a free web site on f2s that I can access with no problems. I tried accessing my paid site FTP but no luck.
A trace route on the web site stalls out at a router (194.106.32.21) with the server noted as down. My web site can still be seen but the hit counter, which was created with FrontPage, is now missing.
They keep telling me that it should work but it doesn't and I am getting pretty upset. I paid almost $100 (U.S.) to register the domain and for the web site. The location is at http://www.carolynsclinic.f2s.com
If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. I am already out a lot of money for calling Microsoft for help and two phone calls to the U.K. from Ohio.
Carolyn Ehlen
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by cehlenSend Personal MessageSend email
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 8:11 am (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

cehlen wrote:
I also have a free web site on f2s that I can access with no problems.

Hi cehlen, nice to see you poped in here.. Come on guys constructive help please....
You got me confused now Confused How do you get a FREE site if you are state side. As F2s dumped all the free sites in Feb, afaik the only way to get free space is to either use them dialup access or adsl.. Crying or Very sad

happy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 10:06 am (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
You got me confused now How do you get a FREE site if you are state side. As F2s dumped all the free sites in Feb, afaik the only way to get free space is to either use them dialup access or adsl..

Or buy web hosting or email (some people are known to have kept their free account just by registering a domain name)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by happySend Personal Message
billdavies
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 10:24 am (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Everyone who gets web hosting/ email from F2S keeps their free space!

Bill
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by billdaviesSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:18 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

billdavies wrote:
Everyone who gets web hosting/ email from F2S keeps their free space!

Bill

Ah so you end up with 40 meg then. 20 paid for and 20 free.

cehlen
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:12 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, it appears that I now have 40 M. I registered my domain name and paid for the first 20 M site and received another one for free. For some reason, I am able to upload to the free site. Go figure.
My paid site still doesn't work. It has now been almost three weeks and I am really bent out of shape. I called London again and talked to Chris who is supposed to be working on this problem. That was last week and still no luck. Error message still says that there are no FrontPage extensions on the site.
Anyone got any ideas? I am ready to tear my hair out and I don't have much left to spare. Surprised)
Carolyn
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by cehlenSend Personal MessageSend email
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:52 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

As a stop gap why not upload your site to your Free and working space and then upload via ftp rather then Ms frontpage a redirect page to your non-working space. Not an ideal solution but at least you would have a updated site running.

cehlen
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:50 am (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I cannot upload to my paid web site by either FTP or HTTP and therefor cannot install a redirect. I am fast running out of options and it is going on three weeks with no solution.
The fact that my hit counter stopped working indicates that something isn't set up correctly at the site. I don't understand why they can't fix it.
I have not heard anything from f2s since last Friday.
Carolyn
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:52 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Which email address are you using, as there is a list of other contact address @ F2s somewhere on this board that may just spark some life into your complaint.

Here they are..

Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:00 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

<haha>

Last edited by Justin on Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:51 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just a thought what version of frontpage are you using ?

cehlen
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:51 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I am using FrontPage 2000. I saw where f2s was offering web sites with FrontPage 2002 but the extensions should be backwards compatible. I actually sent them an email with information on how to troubleshoot set up problems but have not received a reply to that one.
I got an email yesterday wanting me to delete everything on the site. Since I have not made a back up (the site is very large) I don't want to do that. They should be able to run the extension repair utility without deleting the web contents.
The hit counter stopped working about a week and a half ago. This indicates that there is a configuration problem (CGI is turned off). It is still like that today.
I have emailed Chris and Nick so far. Thanks for the extra email addresses. I will send out some more and see what happens.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Carolyn
cehlen
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:44 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I just wanted to let everyone know that my web site is now working properly.
I have no idea what they did to fix it, but have asked them to let me know in case this happens again.
Carolyn
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:03 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Nice one...
F2s do seem to get things done, just they take a long time Sad .. Guess that coz there isn't many of them there...

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: