4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

The sites are gone, the @f2s.com email accounts have not :)
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:10 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just logged into webmail, they seem to have got rid of the @yourdomain.f2s.com accounts, but you can still use the @f2s.com accounts at the moment, I just registered accountcontrol@f2s.com as you can still access your members area, I'm wondering if it will activate in the morning.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
selpaw
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:45 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

there goes some history

Selpaw Web Directory
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by selpawSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:53 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I still can access my members area, and the DB data are there too but no http access !!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
Lex
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:20 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:

Just logged into webmail, they seem to have got rid of the @yourdomain.f2s.com accounts, but you can still use the @f2s.com accounts at the moment

Indeed, my @f2s.com address still works, my @hagelandhc.f2s.com address doesn't...
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by LexSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 9:26 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sad Why did I decide to use @subdomain.f2s.com email addresses?

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 10:57 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

E-mail me at roly@f2s.com
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:18 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:

Sad Why did I decide to use @subdomain.f2s.com email addresses?

You can still create new ones though, I created accountcontrol@f2s.com yesterday, and it's activated now!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:22 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, but it would have been good to have had @f2s.com email addresses from the beginning, then there wouldn't have been any changes.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:47 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

roly@f2s.com was created ysterday and it has been activated.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
sLeytr
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:59 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

is there any official announcement from f2s about stability of this service. is this mail accounts are "experimental" too!?!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by sLeytrSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:30 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm sure they're not going to let you keep those email account forever either, it's probably just temporary. I would NOT count on being able to keep them for long!

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:07 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

So far nothing is been deleted on the free f2s accounts. They are giving people time to retrieve their files and data and probably soon all users names will be deleted. People can still sign on for paid services and their free sites are reactivated.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by happySend Personal Message
Lex
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:33 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:

I'm sure they're not going to let you keep those email account forever either, it's probably just temporary. I would NOT count on being able to keep them for long!

I agree. It would be a utopia to believe that we will be able to keep these addresses for free... Even if they forgot about them, they'll discover it anyway some day. So I'd suggest using the opportunity to move to another address smoothly, while you still can.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by LexSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:19 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

They probably haven't forgotten about them, they're just figuring out a way to get rid of them. It was easy to delete the websites and emails (for subdomains), but it's less easy to delete the email addresses.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: