4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Moving to CyberWings
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Gandalf
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:07 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm an ex-F2S user (I've normally been happy with their services), and now I plan to host my future sites in CyberWings (yes, Daniel, I promise I'll write 4webhelp.net as referer Wink). Well, I have just one question: I have two domain names, and wish to host them both. Do I need two different host accounts (i.e. one account per domain), or can I use one PLESK account to host both of the domains? (I don't plan to become a reseller - I just want to save a few bucks by not paying full hosting for a domain name that'll just have my resume on it and nothing more)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GandalfSend Personal MessageICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:09 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Unfortunately, you can't do that (try emailing them just in case, they might be nice!), unless you don't mind having a redirect on one of your domains.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:15 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've been using domain redirects for the past two years, and I'm almost completely sick of using them, although the redirection service I've been using of late, mydomain.com, is excellent (and free, and ad-free). I just thought that, since the PLESK interface is supposed to be able to support several domains, this kind of thing might be possible. By the way, just out of curiosity: for 4webhelp.net are you using the COBALT interface or PLESK interface?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GandalfSend Personal MessageICQ Number
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:19 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i think thier using PLESK as i got a PLESK error visiting this site once
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:44 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

We are using a plesk interface.

Plesk does support multiple domains, but it's meant for resellers. You could still ask Shawn if he is willing to let you have more than one domain on your account.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 11:07 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Wouldn't want to stretch the hospitality, now would I?
At the price he's charging I already feel like I'm stealing - I wouldn't dare ask for freebies and favors. I'm going to sign-up the minute my PayPal account is confirmed.

I think I'll just use one account for one of my domains (no problem hosting a ".info" domain on CyberWings, is there?), and for the other domain I'll remain with the redirection to a subdirectory of the first domain (like I had with F2S - it's a good-enough solution. worked for me for well over eighteen months.).
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 12:40 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Why don't your just their support? Tell them that you would like to have your site hosted on their server but want to be able to point multiple domains to the site(2 in your case) and ask them to give a quote to you.

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:06 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just a note, I don't think there is such a thing as a host that supports .com domains, but not .info domains!

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:59 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Technically there shouldn't be any problem hosting any TLD domain extension with any host, but I've heard of hosts that refuse to work with certain extensions (specifically, UK-based hosts that refuse to host anything but co.uk and org.uk domains). Can't understand why, though. Seems to be a bad decision to all concerned.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: