4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Audio Video streaming using Flash Communication Server
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
jeemedia
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:29 am (18 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I am currently working on a modeling web site and I want to offer a online portfolio where models can post their photos, audio and video files, thus making it a multimedia based portfolio.

Here is the list of the files I plan to allow the models to upload in their portfolio
Photos - .gif, .jpg, .bmp
Audio - .mpeg, wma, mp3 and wav
Video - .avi, .mpeg, .mpg, .mov

I am trying to find a way for users of this site to view the audio/video files without having any file format specific plug-in or player installed on their desktops. So far I have concluded that it would be best if somehow I can manage to stream down the audio and video files on the client’s browser in Flash format then this would require the clients to have only a Flash browser plug-in which is a very common plug-in now a days.

I think all this could be done using Flash Communication Server and I am working on that. However I am sure that we do not some 3rd party applications like Flix Engine http://flix.on2.com/ and similar tools.

Any help, advice or pointers on this matter would be highly appreciated. If anyone has developed such a feature in the past then I am also open to buying that from him (of course I can’t pay a lot of money).

Let me know.

Thanks
Paresh
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jeemediaSend Personal MessageSend email
Paul Peterson
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:53 am (16 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You can convert those videos to flv format and set a flv player to play that flv file and flv player will need a flash player to perform this operation
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Paul PetersonSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: