4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Macromedia COntribute or similar
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
b21playa
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:50 pm (18 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi all, new ot the forums and general web developement.

I currently on placement and been using Dreamweaver to develope basic static sites as well as dynamic sites run via an oracle database.

Im here for the year (half way thru) and i have to start my main project where i have to consider content management.

I require a software that team leaders in each department can use to edit and update their own pages. Currently it goes via me or the main web developer but hands are always tied with other application development.

Anyone recommend any pieces of software or the similar

I've just seen Macromedia contribute 3 and downloaded the trial and been having a mess about with it. It seems to work well apart from i cant stop users creating new pages, which i need to do.

Any ideas?

I need a few solutions if possible to propse to the business.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by b21playaSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:49 pm (18 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

An obvious question which springs to mind is what kind of a budget are you working with? Contribute can be pretty pricey for a small business which doesn't make vast amounts of money off its website, especially if many employees need to make updates.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:56 pm (18 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
An obvious question which springs to mind is what kind of a budget are you working with? Contribute can be pretty pricey for a small business which doesn't make vast amounts of money off its website, especially if many employees need to make updates.

Its for a worldwide company but the sites are all internal for the intranet.

Between 5 and 15 updating, thats including publisher.

Having downloaded the trial of Contribute, im having to edit code to stop certain users from doing certain things, like creating new pages and connections.

recommend any others?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by b21playaSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: