4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Importing csv files into Mysql
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:39 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yup it is one of those, it uses insert into .....

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Artemyst
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:47 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

From the Structure page of your table, there is a link at the bottom labeled "Insert data from a textfile into table." Click that and you should arrive at a text importing page. Browse for your file, change "Fields terminated by" to a comma, and change the LOAD method to ...DATA LOCAL. That's what I use; hope it helps. Good luck.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ArtemystSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:21 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Doesn't work on F2S though, looks like they disabled that too!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
sidja
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:50 am (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

LOAD DATA INFILE requires permissions which pose a security risk, and have been disabled by default in the most recent versions of MySQL. It stinks, and we should be talking to the MySQL people about it, not your host!

Ben
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by sidjaSend Personal Message
carolblake1975
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:54 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hate to say it but it sounds like you've got a second-rate host there. They should have customer care enough to upload the CSV file for you.

USB phone / baby monitor
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by carolblake1975Send Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
sidja
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:45 am (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't necessarily think that they are a second rate hosting company. This is 4 very large (several MB) csv files that need to be imported at LEAST once a week. I did end up finding a "import csv" software tool that is usable, but needs to be hacked for me to use it as a cron job so that the whole process can be automated.
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:06 am (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You may be able to do it now, I'm not too sure but there has been an upgrade:
https://database.freedom2surf.net/mysql/
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
sidja
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:00 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm not with freedom2surf for hosting, so that doesn't help me. Thanks anyway though.
php4ever
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:19 am (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin,

Thank you! Tried your suggestion at F2S just now and it works. I simply clicked on the "Insert data from a textfile into table" and then on the next page I got it to work by clicking the "...DATA LOCAL" since my text file resided on my hard-disk. This is so cool! Nice to have this flexibility again -- it's been a while! Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by php4everSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:09 am (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Nice one, I reckon they got fed up of my moaning about it needing upgrading (I have done about half a dozen times), so they went and done it, it is about time though.

The new system wasn't installed until last week or the week before, and it has replaced the old database login system.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2