4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

ErrorDocument 404 help
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
siggy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 am (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hello!

My ErrorDocument 404 (.htaccess is saved on the ROOT directory) directive takes the visitor back to the homepage of my website. This works fine when a visitor tries to access an old page on the ROOT directory. However, when a visitor tries to access an old page on any subdirectory, the Error Document 404 takes the visitor back to the homepage, but none of the graphics on the homepage display. I am using the entire URL of my website (absolute address, not relative) in the .htaccess file.

Does anybody know why this is happening?

I've tried saving the .htaccess file on all the subdirectories, but this does not work.

Thank you in advance!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by siggySend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:20 am (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Are you using relative image paths on your home page? If so all the paths would be wrong if the home page was showing up from a subdirectory.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: