4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Creating Emoticons
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
phryxus
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:50 pm (20 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Does anyone knows how I can create my own smillies for a forum?
Grtz,
Phryxus
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by phryxusSend Personal Message
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:16 pm (20 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I take it you have a graphics package?

Basically I would start off with the base (head). In the case of your average smilie this is just a couple of circles - one on top of the other (or a circle with a stroke depending on your graphics app). The ones you see on this site use a gradient fill for the face.

Then its just a case of getting creative with the features (eyes, mouth etc) I would make sure I was zoomed in nice and close, and draw with a pencil tool (photoshop) 1 pixel at a time.

If your app supports layers then you should keep everything on its own layer.

hope that helps
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
phryxus
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:44 pm (20 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thnx for your help.
I'm going to try it myself.

I have only 1 question left. Is it smart to make them 'moving' with Animation Shop or is there a better program to do that??
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:26 am (20 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't really know image shop, but if it makes animated gifs I'm sure it will be fine. I use ImageReady which comes with Photoshop. Kind of overkill for smilie creation Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
phryxus
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:36 pm (20 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Animation Shop is a program that comes with Paint Shop Pro, so I think that it's good enough to make imoticons. Wink
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:06 pm (20 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, probably Very Happy

Let us know how you get on - it would be good to see the final results
phryxus
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:07 pm (20 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ok I will do that, and thnx again for your help!!! Very Happy
Jpdesigns
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:43 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

phryxus wrote:
Does anyone knows how I can create my own smillies for a forum?
Grtz,
Phryxus

there a smiley tutorial (if you are using photoshop) it's msn smiley but does same thing has forum heres the tutorial http://www.n-sane.net/tutorials/MSNemoticons/index.php

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:25 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ah, thnx man. I'm going to have a look. Very Happy
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: