4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Cyberwings
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:30 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Cyberwings (http://www.cyberwings.com/) are currently hosting this site. Ever since we first emailed Shawn, the CEO of Cyberwings, he has been very helpful & friendly. As regards the hosting, it is very cheap, and support is fast & friendly too (through their forums or email). If you do signup, please quote us as your referer. We do not get any money from this, but since Cyberwings have sponsored us, it keeps them happy (if they didn't get any signups through us, they might ditch us Sad).

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:21 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

And how's the up-time? And the speed and load on the servers? Since you're already hosted, please share some experiences with the service other than their swift technical support (which I have witnessed myself),
like why did you need technical support in the first place. Also, are there any tips you can give to people who wish to signup for Cyberwings? (I, for one, intend to sign up for two hosting packages from Cyberwings, and would value any prior input you can give)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GandalfSend Personal MessageICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:24 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Uptime, as you will have noticed has been excellent, apart from about 15 minutes downtime when we just got the account, which was due to a router problem, beyond their control. As for tech support, I only needed it to report a security problem, which was fixed immediately, and to ask about a problem with magic_quotes, which was also resolved immediately. The rest of the emails weren't really tech support, they were questions about our account.

Scammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:51 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I personally prefer Cyberwings, course I might be a little biased Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by CyberwingsSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant Messenger
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:18 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

how much would 20Mges of space cost?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:41 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Look @ their website Roland! And you should contact hosts personally for more information, not post here, as Shawn doesn't have time to read these forums very often.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 11:18 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How does the PayPal payment system work? It sounds better than using your credit card number.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GandalfSend Personal MessageICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:01 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Paypal are just an intermediary between you & Cyberwings, so instead of paying Cyberwings, you pay Paypal who then pays Cyberwings. The advantage of Paypal is that people on the Internet can pay you money, and then you can spend it for signing up with Cyberwings.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:25 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

are the servers on CW installed with support for apache Expires and Headers mods?

'New script on the Block' - GIDtopsites
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JdSSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 8:08 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

probably and if not you c'd e-mail 'em
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:06 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Do they offer Full PHP Question

Can someone tell me if they have phpinfo() and if possible show a page Question

Have we full CGI access too Question

What about Cobalt and Plesk Question Which one you choosed Question

Thanks Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:13 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Here's a sample phpinfo: http://www.plesk1.cyberwings.com/info.php.

I personally prefer Plesk, because it has more options, but that's up to you. Try out both the demos, and choose the one you prefer.

Please ask your other questions in the Cyberwings Forums.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 2:34 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks Daniel, they offer the same PHP as f2s I think, good Exclamation

I'll visit the CyberWings forum...
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:37 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well, they don't have gd installed, whereas f2s does.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:00 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel, gd is installed on PLESK 3 Very Happy

http://www.plesk3.cyberwings.com/info.php
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next