4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Template Monster Discount
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:36 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You advertise it but there doesn't appear to be one after logging in, whats going on?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:32 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There is a link in your profile in the section "Benefits for Registered Users"
Daniel will be able to tell you more though as he set it up.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:08 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Do you mean that after going to the site you get no discount, or that you can't find the link to get the discount? If it's the latter, as Darren said, it's on the "Profile" page Wink.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:19 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

One question? Not many people are going to look in the profile page, would it not be an idea to put it somewhere more logical that we're going to see it? Because I seriously would not have dreamed of looking there.
OfflineFind all posts by Anonymous
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:10 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think the profile is a logical place for it to go, we don't really need extra clutter on the main forum pages.

But maybe a sticky somewhere would be good tell people where it is.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:15 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The Profile page seemed a logical place to put it since it is a page which you only see when you're logged in. The PM page also fits this description - but it isn't really appropriate Smile Do you have any other ideas?

Oh, next time login Justin Wink

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:33 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The only reason I knew about it was because I was logged out, else I never would have seen it, I thought the announcement forum would be kinda a good idea to announce such a thing, but then again maybe you don't want the visitors to know about how to find it.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:42 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin, the point of the thing is to attract new members to be honest, so posting an announcement is not in our interests, because it advertises for TemplateMonster which we want to keep to a minimum (as you may know 4WebHelp tries to keep out of any money making).

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:32 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have to say, (although I can't think of anywhere else), the profile page was not the first place I would've thought. (I so rarely go to my profile page anyway. Perhaps some sort of msg that only reg'd users could see would've been nice Wink)

http://community.34sp.com
http://www.miguel.me.uk | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk | http://www.ssdg.org.uk
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by SfCommandSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:02 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hmm... Here's an idea: have it in the PM which is sent to new members when they register as well as having it on the profile page. What do you think?

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:18 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

That sounds a good idea, as I don't visit my profile very often either and only found it when I read Darrens and your post up above. Smile

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thetribeSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:32 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yeah that would be cool.
:thumbsup:

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
shiner
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:33 am (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,
I too had difficulty finding the discount info. I ran a search on the forum and found this thread. When I used the link to visit TM, I did not receive a discount. I followed the chechout process the entire way - but the discount was never applied.

I would second the request to autogenerate a pm for new members. Or include the details in a new member email, or even the confirmation email.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by shinerSend Personal Message
SEP800
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:15 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Actually, there is a discount. But it isn't 20% as previously mentioned. It's more on the lines of 10%. Check the price of the template on the details page and then take a look again when you check out. You'll see that the price has changed.

My question is, why is it only 10% and not 20% like you've advertised?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by SEP800Send Personal MessageYahoo Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:55 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I contacted TemplateMonster, who fixed the problem. I just tested it, and the discount is indeed of 20%.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next