4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

[Release] Freedom2Support PHP File Upload Script 1.0
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:02 pm (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thought this might come in handy, probbably works on other platforms as well, so if you want to add this to either the F2S FAQ or to the scripts section Daniel, feel free.

Installation Instructions :

1) Upload all files to a subdirectory of your account called uploads, in the directory you have created called uploads, create another directory called files, and make sure you CHMOD this 777, or it won't work.

2) After doing this, simply visit www.yoursitename.f2s.com/uploads/ and use the form, and upload away

Download :
http://www.freedom2support.net/downloads/uploader.zip

Support:
http://www.freedom2support.net/index.php?a=forums
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:32 pm (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is it actually F2S-specific? If not then I can put it in the scripts section Smile

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:36 pm (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Work's anywhere Smile
http://www.freedom2support.net/test/

Though it does have a bit of F2S branding on it, feel free to test it out. Note however in that example it will only let you upload text/html files, in the proper version you download, it lets you upload anything, done this to prevent abuse on the test version so people can't upload scripts and run them!

Also, could you link to the .zip on the Freedom2Support server? Just if we ever update the zip file then you don't need to change it.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
magnum
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:02 am (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK, perfect. 2 questions:
1-How can I edit the files directory so it can be acessed read only.
2-Is it possible to design some kind of output page like this one where you can enter comments:
http://www.gooddvdstuff.com/files/

Anyway, great work.Thanks. Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by magnumSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:19 am (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't offer any support with changing the script or for non Freedom2Support users for a number of reasons...

1) I'm pretty much a novice at PHP, I can do simple things, but not much else
2) I simply don't have the time to support users at the moment because my lifes quite hectic.
3) The script is designed for Freedom2Surf webservers only, it may work on other servers, but it's not guaranteed.

Although I would say that someone here might be able to help you with it, and if they can, I have no objections to people modifying it to suit their own needs, it's basically open source in my eyes Smile
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: