4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

dashed borders?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
meryl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:20 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hello. i think i'm just a guest at this site...but i really need some help lately regarding the use of dashed borders in tables... i've used almost every technique imaginable to create a dashed border....a couple of months ago these techniques seemed to work...but lately i can't get a dashed border AT ALL...i'm not sure if it's my computer or what...but i was just wondering if this technique was disabled....??? and if not can you please give me the name of a site that does use dashed borders...or perhaps a technique you used that worked for you...thank you!
OfflineFind all posts by Anonymous
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:25 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Code:
border-style: dashed
should do it but not all browsers support it - that may be the problem.

Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:55 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

some browers will support:-

border: 1px dashed #A8DDA0;

instead of the individual properties.
It sucks when standards are evolving faster than the pace with which people (browser creators) support them. The result is a whole lot of compatibility issues.

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: