4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Help putting up songs for download
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
decannon04
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:14 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm building a website for my friends band. I will have the basic bio and pics. I want to add some of their songs for people to download. Can i use html or do i need to learn a different language. I want to keep this as basic as possible.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by decannon04Send Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:27 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Are the files in MP3 format? If so all you need to do is link to them via a standard <a> tag, after having uploaded them onto your server. Make sure your host is OK with this, and that you have enough bandwidth to cover it Exclamation

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:38 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The files are real audio. Do you do this the same? Are there any tutorial or example websites that could help me out.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by decannon04Send Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:42 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

As long as you don't want anything fancy like streaming, just follow the instructions given above.

Here's a tutorial about streaming: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8344/stream.html

Just remember the bandwidth issue I mentioned above. Surprised

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:08 am (19 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

decannon04 wrote:
I'm building a website for my friends band. I will have the basic bio and pics. I want to add some of their songs for people to download. Can i use html or do i need to learn a different language. I want to keep this as basic as possible.

Well there are 2 ways to do this - basically speaking.

I have 3 music files on my site(s). One plays while the page is loading and the other two play only when clicked. So the coding you use will depend on how you want the music to play on your page.

Mp3's use the least space.

Rolling Eyes

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: